Ultherapy: The Nonsurgical Alternative to a Facelift
Tighter, smoother and more youthful-looking skin usually requires invasive procedures like facelifts that come with long periods of downtime post-treatment. However, a nonsurgical alternative to a facelift now exists with Ultherapy.
The skilled practitioners at Afterglow Skin and Laser Centre are among the few skincare providers that offer Ultherapy in North Vancouver. This latest facial rejuvenation technique can help you achieve firmer, smoother and younger-looking skin without needles, fillers, or surgery!
What is Ultherapy?
Ultherapy is a skincare treatment that uses advanced, highly focused ultrasound technology to lift and tighten skin from the inside out. The procedure stimulates the body’s collagen process by gently heating your skin without harming the surface-level tissue. Over time, the increased collagen gradually tightens the skin in the treated area.
Originally launched in 2015, Ultherapy has grown in popularity worldwide as a nonsurgical alternative to traditional facelifts. Areas of treatment tend to be brow, neck, jawline, and decolletage, but Ultherapy can be used on other parts of the body as well.
While Ultherapy does not completely replace the results of a surgical facelift, it is a non-invasive procedure that can postpone other skin treatments and help patients maintain tighter and firmer skin.
What are the benefits of Ultherapy?
Below are some of the benefits of Ultherapy.
- Ultherapy tightens and lifts loose skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by encouraging collagen production.
- The ultrasound technology used means Ultherapy is a non-invasive procedure. Patients do not need to undergo surgery or receive injections during the treatment.
- Patients have reported seeing improvements in their skin soon after treatment. The heat from the ultrasound causes collagen fibres to contract and show firmer skin immediately, with increasing benefits three to six months following treatment.
- Ultherapy is safe for all skin types and tones with no existing medical contraindications.
- A benefit of Ultherapy is that there is no downtime required after the procedure. Patients may feel a little sore but are welcome to continue their day-to-day life immediately.
- Ultimately, Ultherapy stimulates collagen to both strengthen your skin’s foundation and provide a more youthful appearance. As a non-invasive procedure, Ultherapy is a great option for anyone interested in maintaining their appearance or searching for alternatives to surgical procedures.
What are the drawbacks of Ultherapy?
Though Ultherapy is safe for all skin types and tones, there are some drawbacks to consider.
- People with severe skin laxity or skin sagging are not suitable candidates for the procedure.
- Ultherapy is a nonsurgical alternative to facelifts; however, the results are less dramatic and long-lasting than a surgical facelift.
- Some patients undergoing Ultherapy report discomfort because the technique requires intense heat over treatment areas. Our practitioners can offer you several options to help make the procedure as comfortable as possible.
- While Ultherapy does cause some immediate skin improvements, significant results take a few months to develop while collagen production in your skin increases.
How long do Ultherapy results last?
Ultherapy results usually last one to two years after the procedure. Maintaining your skincare regime, a healthy lifestyle, and sun protection help extend the benefits. While the new collagen production continues for years, the natural ageing process will start to impact your results.
However, Ultherapy is not just a one-time treatment option. To maintain your youthful-looking skin, you can have repeat treatments to maintain or further improve the results.
Is Ultherapy safe?
There are always some risks and potential side effects of any skincare procedure; however, our practitioners at Afterglow are highly trained and experienced with providing Ultherapy treatment. Ultherapy has also been cleared and certified by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as a safe and effective alternative to surgical facelifts.
Is Ultherapy right for you?
If you are considering a non-invasive skincare procedure to provide firmer and smoother skin, Ultherapy may be a great option. Ultherapy is best suited for people in their 30s, 40s, or early 50s with mild to moderate skin laxity.
Ultherapy is extremely beneficial to those who are not surgical facelift candidates yet or are uncomfortable with surgical procedures. Patients who are unable to undergo surgery due to other medical concerns may also benefit from this non-invasive procedure.
When you arrive for your consultation at Afterglow, your practitioner will discuss the options and benefits to develop a customized treatment plan based on your needs and goals.
Are you ready to book an Ultherapy procedure?
If you’d like to know more about Ultherapy, contact us at Afterglow Skin and Laser Centre. We are passionate about helping you achieve your skincare goals. Book online for a complimentary consultation at our medical aesthetic clinic in North Vancouver, or contact our practice by phone at (604) 980-3993.