If you’re wondering how you can refresh your appearance without undergoing invasive or painful procedures, Dr. Shehla Ebrahim our experienced physician, can help you achieve your cosmetic goals virtually painlessly with the new Pellevé Wrinkle Reduction System.
“After three Pellevé sessions, it looks like someone ironed out the wrinkles around my eyes. My friends think I look rested but have no idea that I had anything done. I feel like a younger, better version of myself.” – J.D., Great Neck, NY
This innovative approach can be completed in approximately one hour or less at Afterglow Physician Directed Medical Aesthetics. If you’re interested in hearing more or scheduling a complimentary consultation, please contact us today.
One of the chief benefits of the Pellevé System is the ability to safely and effectively reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles – especially around the eyes – with little to no discomfort or downtime.
How It Works
- Using non-invasive radio-frequency energy, the Pellevé System delivers treatment deeply into the dermis (skin) and fatty tissue in the targeted area. This causes the tissue to increase in temperature, typically stimulating collagen contraction and production for a smoother, firmer, and more youthful looking appearance over time.
- Unlike invasive surgical procedures, the Pellevé System typically doesn’t involve long recovery times or a painful treatment process. Generally completed in less than an hour, Pellevé is one of the most comfortable energy-based skin-tightening procedures available, and you usually can return to normal activities immediately following the therapy with few if any side effects.
- The many anti-aging benefits you receive from the Pellevé System are gradual and natural looking, typically developing over the course of six months as your skin texture, tone, and firmness improves with increased collagen production. One clinical study indicated 9 out of 10 patients saw noticeable effects within weeks and when reviewed at six months, nearly 90 percent of the same individuals were still experiencing benefits.
Is the Pellevé System Safe?
- There have been several clinical studies performed that have shown that Pelleve can be a safe and effective method of reducing common signs of aging, such as skin inelasticity, fine lines, creases, and dull-looking skin. The side effects of this treatment typically will be minimal and fade quickly, and discomfort is minimal. We do not use any anaesthetics, medications, or other drugs during the therapy, as they’re not needed.
What Can I Expect Following Treatment?
- Typically there will be no downtime following the procedure, and you should be able to return to work and your daily routine immediately after you have finished treatment. Some redness and mild swelling may occur, but these effects will subside quickly, and you’re welcome to wear make-up to cover these symptoms.
Will I Need to Do Anything After Treatment?
- As with all her patients, Dr. Ebrahim strongly advises wearing at least 30 SPF or higher broad-spectrum sunscreen (with UVA and UVB protection) every day. This can help to protect your skin from the dangers of sun damage, as well as help to maintain your results long term.
When Will I See Improvement?
- You may begin to see some improvement in skin texture and radiance immediately following the treatment, and more comprehensive benefits should be visible after a few months as collagen develops in the skin, tightening and firming the face for a more youthful look.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
- One treatment often is sufficient to achieve significant benefits. However, many patients choose a three treatment series to help obtain more extensive results in a shorter period of time. Each session will be spaced approximately one month apart to maximize enhancement. Occasional maintenance treatments can help to ensure the benefits are long lasting.
Can Pellevé Be Combined With Other Cosmetic Treatments?
- Dermal fillers, BOTOX® Cosmetic, and other wrinkle reduction methods may be added to your treatment plan. For more information about combining facial rejuvenation treatments, or to schedule a complimentary consultation to see if you would be a good candidate for this procedure, please contact our office today. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be happy to help.