How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Unwanted body hair can feel like a serious problem, and while conventional treatments can work, often it’s only for a very short time.
Laser hair removal continues to be ranked one of the top five minimally invasive cosmetic procedures in Canada. It is a great option for people who want a permanent reduction of hair rather than having to do something again and again.
Laser hair removal can be an effective procedure for all body areas, including the arms, legs, face, bikini, back, and neck. If you’re sensitive to waxing, shaving, or depilating, it’s definitely worth looking into!
How does it work?
- Safe for virtually all skin types.
- The treatment gently heats the dermis to a temperature that “damages” the hair follicle in a precise, controlled manner.
- The hair follicle is selectively targeted by the laser’s beam of light, “damaging” the hair follicle and preventing re-growth of hair without injuring the surrounding skin
- IN-Motion technology allows the hand-piece to slide gently along the patient’s skin, helping to ensure that the energy is delivered safely and uniformly. Complete coverage – no missed spots
- Uses a dual-cooling mechanism for superior epidermal preservation.
- Typically no downtime; you should be able to resume regular activities immediately afterwards
** 2016 Readers Choice Winner – Best Medi Spa on the North Shore