Much attention is paid to the face and neck in an effort to reduce the typical signs of aging – however what about your hands?
7 Signs of Aging Hands
- Age spots – don’t actually have anything to do with the aging process. They are as a result of sun damage and are more common in the 50+ age group due to the amount of time in the sun. As a preventative measure – apply sunscreen to your face, neck and HANDS.
- Crepey skin
- Prominent veins
- Dry scaly hands. A regular maintenance of overnight hydration will help hands and cuticles plump up and look healthier. Apply to damp hands a cream that is rich in glycerin and plant oil and sleep with disposable plastic gloves inside cotton gloves or mitts.
- Stained nails may be a side effect from medication or from nail polish dye that is applied without a base coat. Try rubbing your nails with a wedge of lemon in the same motion as removing nail polish – or you can soak your nails for 15 minutes in denture cleaner. If discoloration continues and is accompanied by pain it may indicate a fungal infection.
- Brittle breaking nails can result from exposure to chemicals and water or even genetics. The right supplements can help in 6 – 9 months.
- Outdated manicure –currently the trend is shorter nails and bold, fun colours. Treat yourself to a regular manicure… and even a pedicure.
If you have noticed that your hands are aging – our experienced physician, Dr. Ebrahim, has many treatment options available to keep your hands beautiful. Dr. Ebrahim knew she was in the right business when an 80 year old Client wanted her hands to look beautiful just in case that special someone wanted to hold her hand. Contact us for a complimentary consultation.